Fuel sending unit?

I was reading another post about the problem someone was having with the fuel sending unit. I have a 2000 Silverado with a 167K, my sending unit has been bad (and getting worse) since the truck had around 60K. If I change the pump now while it's still good in order to correct the fuel gauge will I be getting a better sending unit with the new or after market fuel pump? If I'm going to be putting in the same POS I might as well wait until the pump dies.

Al Bottoms Up Divers

Reply to
ajtessier

I don't think that anyone can give you an answer to that question. There is just no way of knowing, even if GM 'fix' a known problem, which I don't think there is, as it is a part that will wear due to age, how would you know if you got the old one or the new "improved" one.

It is ultimately up to you, but smart money says replace it now before you have a total pump failure on the interstate or some where else, where it may cause an accident or something.

Reply to
azwiley1

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson