FYI: Squeaky Windows on S10 Blazers

If you suffer from the squeaky rear window on your S10 Blazer/Jimmy (I've been using the tape the striker method for the past several years but that wears out quick.) then check out this old post I found on S10Forum.com:

I just ordered the $6 part to fix it. I might hug someone if it works. Just a FYI for you guys.

John

1989 S10 Blazer 4.3 210K
Reply to
John Manner

My prob........the spare tire hanger bouncin on it's latch driving down some paved roads and all back roads...91S-10.

Thought I "fixed" it by adjusting the rubber stop inside the latch, but all that did was make it harder to close (it did reduce the amount of bouncing)..........But, due to the extra force required in closing it, I've now split the metal on the rear hatch....it's only a 1/2 inch crack, but just give a few more years D'Oh

Reply to
ken

My final solution for that was to remove the tire to the cargo area. Then I removed the tire hanger. I had rust damage to repair and bolt holes to fill, but it wasn't too bad. If you don't want to do that, I once wrapped electrical tape around the tube that contacts the latch. It helped and it didn't wear out of as fast as the tape I used on the window striker.

Reply to
John Manner

Never had any problems with the window larch, although I've put foam weatherstriping around the window and tailgate to keep off-road dust out

Have already absconded with a replacement spare tire latch from the local junkyard, one that doesn't have a groove beaten into it yet......I'll probably end up replacing the tail gate if the crack gets more than a few inches long

Reply to
ken

I put tape on it and stuff a napkin or cleanex in the opening where the latch is. I don't hear anything from it fro at least 6-8 months at a time.

Reply to
LS