K1500 Fianl Fuel Pump Question....I Hope

Hey Gys,

I have it all apart and am trying to put in a new one. Does anyone have any iseas and how to compress the o-ring so I can get the c-clip across the top?

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
Doug Kluth

You removed the bed to get to the unit ? How long did that take ? We replaced many pumps on 89, 92, 94, 95 trucks, but we pulled the tank down. My son has it down in about 20 minutes, pump in and back in about 30 more. He got good at it and can replace in less than an hour. The first time is the bad one because usually the lines are rusted and need replacing. Once you do it be ready to replace them again and again. Most of our replacement ones last about 50,000 to 70,000 the one we bought from Chevy lasted about

5,000 miles...
Reply to
69SScamaro