K1500 squeak

I would guess its the U joints and the noise is transferring from them to the shaft. Are your joints greasable, if so grease them and see if it makes a difference

Reply to
Eugene

My 88 1500 4wd developed a squeak coming from the drivetrain.

It only happens when moving and seems to go away above 20mph.

I jacked up the rear end and sun the tires, nothing. I put the transfer case in neutral and spun the tires again. I heard a creak coming from the driveshaft. The wierd part is it came from the driveshaft, not the u joints.

It is a solid drivshaft with no moving parts. How could it make noise?

with that said I could not recreate the noise. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Connor

Any suggestions? ========= ========= snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com (Eugene) offered up:

I would guess its the U joints and the noise is transferring from them to the shaft.

Are your joints greasable, if so grease them and see if it makes a difference ========= =========

Ditto.

Check the U-joints.

MarshMonster ~:~ ======== ========