Mounting New Wheels

What would you folks think it would cost to remove four tires; and mount them and spin em on new wheels? Just got four new wheels and need them mounted and spun. Just curious as to what it might cost. 25 bucks a tire? Or more do you think?? TIA Rob

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

$15.00 bucks a wheel in Cincinnati. Call a few tire stores.

Reply to
el Diablo

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil
10-15 bucks around here in NW Iowa.

Reply to
Shades

wow i thought it would be alot more!! even 60 bucks a tire is pretty good!! Thanks for your help. I'll have to send Michael a picture of my truck for his website after I get them mounted. I have been meaning to submit a photo for some time now.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Reply to
Cookie

That was per tire...sorry for the misunderstanding.

Reply to
Shades

yeah i figgered it was for all four.

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

My experience is that the cost depends on where you get the wheel or tires. The local places around me are mad about people getting good deals on wheels and tires off the net and then just having them do the install. I had tire places around here (Vermont) quote $30/tire to change tires over if I bring the tires with me. However if I buy the tires there it was only $12/tire.

Tom

Reply to
Rocketman

I can understand there getting upset, im not in the business of tires however they make there money on the tires and not labor. So if all there doing is putting tires bought elsewhere on rims then there loosing money.

Reply to
mudmonkey

They're not losing money - they're not MAKING as much as they want to...

Reply to
Stephen Young

Reply to
Shades

Yep....excellent point. On the other hand I was quoted 15 bucks a tire here (Poconos). And this is where I bought the tires a year ago as well. It was 10 a tire but then I told them that they were 35's and they bumped it up 5 bucks. Yeah well I guess it's better than 20 a tire. Now I am off to eBay to find some fender flares.....I think I might need them!!!!! lol....we will see what happens. Thanks guys!!!

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

And if they are really backed up with installs from tires sold by them (higher profit), I'm sure they would hesitant to take on tires from someone that bought them elsewhere.

On the other hand, if the shop is not that busy, why not agree to mount the tires and make a buck or two while keeping the workers busy and perhaps gaining a customer for some related work in the future.

Casey

Reply to
Casey