Thinking ahead -- wheels for snow tires

What do y'all do about snow tires on your Priuses (Prii?)? Do you get a second set of wheels and get the snow tires installed on them? If so, any particular recommendations? Or would it be better to pick up a set of used genuine wheels from a wrecking yard?

What is the weight of the OE wheels on the 2015 Prius Four? The steel wheels at tirerack.com are hardly any lighter than the alloy wheels they sell.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

When I bought snow tires for my 2013 Prius C, I got a set of steel rims for the snow tires as well. Alloy wheels tend to corrode a bit on salted roads.

Reply to
Alan Bowler

Correction "... hardly any *heavier*..."

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy