oil pressure

just got my 454 running all rebuild and still trying to break in engine. I prepumped the oil pump and start the engine up. looked at the oil gauge and it didn't go up. i shut off the engine and pull the side plug on top of oil filter disable the spark and and turn it over oil was coming out of the oil port so i know the oil pump is doing its job. i have the pressure gauge out back of motor where the cam is. is there another place i can put the gauge? its a mark 6 454 with 10w-40 oil (recommanded by the racers)the oil gauge i have now will not go in the oil port above the oil filter. the fittin gis too big and there is no adapter for the oil gauge i'v looked for one found nothing to adapt the oil gauge to. the oil gauge has a small tube to the oil gauge i weas also wondering if the oil is too thick to travel the oil tube.

the riddler mark 6 454 600hp bored .060 high rise intake

800cfm carb 11:1 compression
Reply to
Riddler

FInd a good pickup that fits in the proper port.

A cheap mechanical gauge will fit.

Sam

Reply to
GaWd

I also had this problem, it turned out the engine ground for the instruments wasn't grounded enough (flat braded wire at back of engine).

Clint

Reply to
Clint Elliott

Do You Have A Machanical Gauge If So Did You Bleed The Line On The First Start, I'v Had That Happen All We Did Was Disconnect the line ran the engine till oil came out reconnec ted it and started it again it was reading great

Reply to
vo