OT-Brush Guard

I have a brush guard for my 87 K5 and the chrome on it is flaking really badly. I really don't want to get the chrome professionally removed as it would run into some dough; so I was wondering what you folks would do with it? Do you think that the chrome rattle can stuff would work? I just want to make it look half decent before I bolt it on my truck that's all. So give me all your ideas if you would. Thanks for everything. Rob

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

Chrome ANYTHING sucks.

I would try to blast it off and paint it body color or flat black. I've never found a satisfactory chrome, and I like to build models so I have tried everything. The best I've found is basically a "chrome leaf" like gold leaf - but it wouldn't do for what you are trying to do.

GMC Gremlin

Reply to
GMC Gremlin

should have bought the $tainless $teel brush guard..

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

powder coat is the way to go. cheap, durable, and looks good. just my $0.02.

Reply to
Texas Aggie