Parking Brake Replacement '01 Tahoe

I tried to replace the parking brake shoes on my daughter's '01 Tahoe but couldn't remove the shoes. The opening in the shoes was too small to fit over the axle bearing casting. I was reluctant to remove the axle because I didn't know the axle was secured in the differential. My question is: how does the axle come out? Is it secured with a c clip like the older assemblies i.e 1970s style?

Reply to
Michael

I went to the library and saw the picture that goes with the description you explained. I never thought to place the open end of the shoe over the axle flange. At the time I was placed into service by my daughter I didn't have time to visit a reference library. My daughter is now making noise about all the help I do for my son, so I decided to post on the use group and visit a library to finally complete the job. Thank you.

Reply to
Michael