01 Jimmy Gas Gauge Problem

Was there a recall or only TSB about the gas gauges on the Jimmy. I bought this 01 SLE used in May 04 with 33,000 miles on it and now has

52,500. The gas gauge is down at a 1/4 tank when ever it feels like it should be there and after a driving a while or hitting a bump will come up to where it should be. Sometimes it goes to empty when the tank is 1/3 full.

It is only a minor annoyance but if there was a recall I would like to have them fix it at no charge.

Reply to
dbltap

I have that problem on my 2004 Colorado and had the sender replaced once; that fixed it for a short while. The gauge is fine but the sender in the tank is the problem and I was told that it is common for GMC trucks. Apparently GM can't make or get a good quality sending unit so, I just watch my trip odometer when I go below half a tank. No point replacing the sending unit every few months.

John

Reply to
John

Reply to