Why didn't Toy put an electrical fan on a 4Runner V8

When engine get hot and the clutch is engaged, I can hear alot of noise coming from the fan during acceleration.

I wonder why they still use engine driven cooling fan with a clutch? Is it due to cost, or because it is a truck engine?

Reply to
DTT

Engine driven fan (more efficient) will pull more air through the rad than an electric fan. The thermo clutch in the center of the fan senses the air temp and will increase the rpm of the fan as the rad heats up. Electric fans are required on front wheel drive cars with transverse mounted engines making engine driven fans impractical. In my own case an electric fan would be used only in an off road vehicle to ford water holes and streams, turn off fan when engine submerges.:-)

ken

4 trucks, 2 for off road
Reply to
kend

Because Electric fans Suck!

Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net

Vacuum cleaners suck, fans blow!!! :>))

Reply to
TOM

And BOTH are full of HOT AIR!

TOM wrote:

Reply to
DO NOT REPLY to this ADDRESS

"CDEWITT Webtv.net" schrieb:

Just buy a good one :) Never dies of leaking fluid like the clutch types do.

Axel

Reply to
Axel Hammer