Radiator Question

1995 Chevy Silverado Z71 4X4 Extended Cab 305 Automatic with AC

I have a small leak that seems to be coming from the bottom of the radiator and runs out and drips on to the ground on the drivers side...I can't see exactly where it is leaking....The radiator is 2 years old (professionally replaced at the shop), the hoses are fine and it isn't coming from the drain plug...Plenty of heat.....Any ideas on what it could be ??? Thanks for any help or ideas....

Reply to
benick

Happened twice to me - leaks around the engine oil cooler to radiator end bell orings.

Reply to
syoung

Only once here, small cracks in the plastic end caps by the oil cooler fittings/Nuts. Replaced with new radiator.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I see where 2 small lines from the motor disapear under the radiator..How does one get at it and fix it..Do you have to remove the radiator or can you get at it just by removing the shroud ??? I don't want to get in over my head and have to pay to get it towed to the shop after I have it apart...LOL...Thanks...

Reply to
benick

I tried replacing the seals once. It can be done in the truck relatively easily. I did not have luck - still leaked. I replaced the radiator.

Reply to
syoung

Question: Did you replace the cap when you replaced the radiator? If the cap is bad and is not releasing pressure, the pressure will release from the weakest point in the system. Radiators should not be allowed to be sold without a new cap.

Reply to
Autumn

I'm taking it back to the shop that did the repair...They have done all my work for years and they will go good for it or I will find a new shop..The radiator has a life time warranty...

Reply to
benick

bell orings.

does one get at it and