Re: 4300 & 5300 03' Chevy V-8's ?

Any experience out there with either of the newer chevy v8 engines?

> Looking at either 4.7 or 5.3(?) V8 engines in an extended cab 4x4.
Reply to
reitze

either 4.7 or 5.3(?) V8 engines in an extended cab 4x4.

I got the 6.0/366ci engine in my '03 Silverado and it's AWESOME.!! Maybe you should look into the 6.0 for your power needs.

Reply to
Michael

So far, I've been impressed with the 5.3 in my 2002 Tahoe. "Bob" wrote in message news:Mo5La.38607$3d.20197@sccrnsc02... Any experience out there with either of the newer chevy v8 engines? Looking at either 4.7 or 5.3(?) V8 engines in an extended cab 4x4.

Reply to
Lance

Hi Bob,

I have a 1999 Silverado Z71 4x4 with 50,000 miles. Power is good and I get reasonable mileage (14MPG). I have not had any engine related problems at all. Other than a sticky throttle body that was repaired and later replaced by the dealer under warranty.

I change the oil every 3000 miles (Mobil 1) as I pull a 5500LB boat. Of the 50K miles on my truck, 45K are pulling a boat.

"Bob" wrote in message news:Mo5La.38607$3d.20197@sccrnsc02... Any experience out there with either of the newer chevy v8 engines? Looking at either 4.7 or 5.3(?) V8 engines in an extended cab 4x4.

Reply to
RHinNC