Re: bogging problem solved?

Yes, Gasket leak.

Hi, > > I posted awhile ago with a problem concerning my 88 burb. I followed > people's advice and changed the fuel filter, the plugs, checked the timing > (it was okay), changed the PVC value and the air filter just to be sure > (problem was no power and bogging at higher throttle under load - the engine > light would come on after going up a steep hill and then go out again after > driving on the flat with less throttle). I noticed something while doing > the timing that was interesting. I had the airfilter off and had the engine > running to warm up. I saw gas coming out around where the wires connect to > one of the injectors in the TBI unit. I stopped the engine and soaked the > gas up with a rag. Started the engine and it slowly came back. If I gave > the engine a lot of throttle the gas would come out faster. Could this be > throwing the air-fuel mixture off enough to be causing my problems? The > engine has 287Km on it and while the engine has been rebuilt the TBI has > never been touched. Could the injector be leaking, or is there some gasket > in the TBI that needs to be replaced. > > Thanks, > > Clint > > > > >
Reply to
Martin Riddle

Mine did the same thing. there is a TBI "rebuild kit" that contains a fresh fuel pressure regulator, mis gaskets and o rings. Made a BIG difference in mine.

LowDownZ28