Re: ot: radar detectors..?

Bragging of excessive speed, complaining about doing 50 in a 30 zone and getting busted for it, and use of radar detectors to beat the cops will eventually lead to use of speed cameras.. static units on every street corner.. on the freeways.. every place.. detectors do not pick these up.. the UK is full of the things.. apparently, they used regular film at first, and flash too.. sometimes, the film didn't get replaced too often so there was maybe a chance that you could not get caught.. they now use digital cameras and flash is not required.. within minutes, the cameras have relayed the pic of your car to a computer.. next day, you get notification in the mail.. they ALWAYS get their man.. is this what you want to see across North America?.. drivers who speed know that it is unlawful.. they know why the zones are set up the way they are.. so quit complaining when you get caught.. take your punishment like a man/woman..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Boulders, > As a policewoman I would ask all of you to STOP speeding. Thank you. > > Erica Phillips > (I love my Captain!) > > > > > True but you should be given a ticket for what you were doing at the time > you got it not because you prbably did it before . And if speeding was all > about safety like I believe it is why does the cop never focus on that but > rather discuss the payment options . Lastly the punishment doesnt fit the > crime $143 for a 50 in a 35 mph zone is rediculous. > > > > > > SD wrote: > > > > > I have the 985 and I have no problems with it but dont have a Valentine > to > > > compare it to . I can say that the best safeguards are to slow down when > you > > > see traffic from the other direction flashing lights at you in the > middle of > > > the day. No radar is going to save you from laser that is instant on > when > > > you are the only car on the road at the time . I do like my Bel though > and > > > although it does false sometimes you get to know where it keeps > happening . > > > It gives different audible sounds for different radar types and there is > one > > > in particular that is ALWAYS legit and warns me every time . In a > nutshell > > > it always finds radar and laser but I cant compare it to Valentine > because I > > > dont own one and couldn`t afford it anyway but I had to get the Bel > because > > > I couldnt afford another bogus ticket $143 for a 50mph in a 35mph zone . > Cop > > > was full of shit , saw them pull someone over way up the road and > checked my > > > speed before they continued their money making operation with me . > > > > Sometimes, there's a cop who spots you and radios ahead to the cops who > are > > stopping cars, with a description/plate number of your car. > > > > If it *was* bogus, consider it poetic justice for all the times you were > > speeding and didn't get caught. Can't win 'em all, you know. > > > > Maraya > > > > >
Reply to
Mike Hall

street

digital

across North

[snip the messy mess]

I see I forgot to add, if you are ze first car true da lit. You do 5 nights a month for 5 consecutive months, escorting school children across the street. Closest school to the seen of the crime, and put a breathalyzer in your car for a year, your parents car too.

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

ze red lite, ze red lite.

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

Hatt:

As a proponent to State legislator, we were happy to see wireless bans added to the list in MA. It now needs to be "hands free", we sell and install all of the required components, see how easy that was?

Fog lights banned? I live on Cape Cod. What a bonehead thought.

Have a great one!

Bush

Reply to
Bush

The point here is that if police departments turned a blind eye to this sort of driving, there would be many going out of town to see just how fast their car is.. it was a problem in the 50's and remains so.. Rice boys and the like racing in industrial areas, parking lots etc.. drivers, if given an inch, will invariably try for the mile.. there has to be a line drawn at some point, regardless of how much more capable of high speed a modern car is.. I have always liked to drive fast too, but I accept that in doing so I am endangering other people.. have any of you thought about really pushing a vehicle hard on an empty road, then being confronted with a vehicle coming the other way, or maybe pulling back onto the highway, and then realized that if you had have done so, you would either have killed or been killed at that point?.. I have no wish to die just yet, either by my own hand or by somebody else's..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

Is it so difficult to understand that breaking a law makes you a criminal. Most traffic infractions are misdemeanors and people laugh about them. If someone assaulted you and was charged with a misdemeanr, do you think that would be fair? Law breaker=criminal

Reply to
Rich B