Should I buy another K2500?

I need a new 4x4 to haul my camper. My past 2 were:

- '77F150 4x4 300 4spd and

- '91K2500HD extended 6.2Dsl 4spdOD Auto w/locking diff, loaded.

'77 was great (especially for the $500 price tag). '91 continues to be riddled with electrical problems. Engine has been fine; plenty of power for me and no turbo, quite. Paint sux. Front suspension sux. 1-Ch AL Rear brake sux. Before this last vehicle I have always had a preference for GM's and had owned and performed all the repairs on several.

I do a little fairly rough offroading in BC; somwhat less rough with the camper is on. My daily commute is fairly short. The extra $6500 + taxes and extra repairs and maint. doesn't make sense to me.

Looking for basic HD3/4Ton 4x4, std cab, 8'box, gasoline, Manual 6spd, Manual xfer case, solid fnt axle, locking hubs, Locking Diff, Camper mirrors & wiring harness, cruise. You know; A Truck. NOT a $58,000 freaking limosine! It seams the dealers don't want to sell $32000 Trucks without 15000 wotrth of options. Am I the only one who thinks something is very wrong here?

My experience so far is that Ford offers the most flexibilty when ordering. Dodge quality may be slightly better (from owners I know). GM: I haven't been able to find a new 3/4t 4x4 m/t to test drive!

My real question: Taking into acount the above what in your opinion would be the best manufacturer to chose.

Thanks for your opinions.

Reply to
Bob

Trey