Need to buy new Wheels??

Hi all,

Hope everyone's weekemd was good. I am starting to look for some new rims for my CJ5. I am wondering 8 inch or 10 inch. Also, I want to buy a black color set. Any recommendations? I want pay between $ 50 and $80 per wheel. Oh yeah, I 31" 10.50's on it.

Reply to
Paul Brogren

What about black, steel Rockcrawlers or AR 767s? They are about $35-$40/ea.

Hi all,

Reply to
twaldron

With 31x10.5 tires, if you take it offroad, stick with 8" rims. Actually,

10" rims are probably too big for those tires even on road. I like AR 767s or the equivalent Rock Crawlers. Steel rims can be pounded back into shape (almost) while aluminum rims break. Go with steel for offroad. Especially if you ride on rocks.
Reply to
TJim
8s. Definitely 8s, not 10s.

Reply to
CRWLR

I've been thinking "new wheels" myself and the AR 767s or eq Rock Crawlers (black) would look great with my Hunter Green YJ Sahara... I guess 8" would be better than 7" if you have decent lift for a bigger than stock tire.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Thanks All,

I like those AR 767's or the equivelent. You guys won't believe it, but I've had a crack in one of my rims for about 6 months. It would loose about

10 Psi / day. I smeared some of this epoxy stuff called Metal PC into and on the hair crack. My wheel holds pressure, but it's time to make it right. I'm going to do the spare too. That way I can put in to the regular tire rotation periods. My current tires only have about 5 - 6000 miles on em' I think I'll be okay still at this mileage. Their wearing in good. No signs of irregular patterns.
Reply to
Paul Brogren