Should I buy another Vectra?

I already own a R reg Vectra I've had since 2001. Never had a lot of bother with it to begin with but now the Cat Con is breaking up inside the exhaust and my engine management light is staying on (dont know if they are connected?) plus one or two other things are annoying me.

Was looking here... <

/> at the Vectra 2.0 SRIand thinking about buying it. The cars is listed at £4595 but the real price is£5k & the mileage is not 80k but 90k. Unfortunately I don't really know muchnor do I know anyone else who could give me some free advice. I have £5000 tobuy and I'm mad about Vectra's, especially the one on the website, best lookingVectra I've ever seen. I'd really appreciate any info and advice.

Regards,

John

As we flow down life's rivers I see the stars glow - one by one All angels of the magic constellation Be singing us now

Reply to
John

Hold out for a 2.2, it's the only engine that makes sense in the old shape vectra.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Why don't you test drive some other cars of the same size, then wake up, smell the coffee and understand just why the Vectra was universally slated throughout its production life :)

Reply to
Michael Rodgers

Ah look, you can start by popping to that dealer you mentioned and taking out their 2000 Mondeo Ghia X. Much nicer than a Vectra.

Reply to
Michael Rodgers

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m13.aol.com, John decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

No, *DON'T* buy another Vectra.

They're pretty much by far and away the worst mainstream car in their group.

Try a Mondeo, you'll be amazed how much better they are.

Or a Primera, Avensis, Accord, Omega (2.2 or V6), S40, Rover 75, Seat Leon / Toledo, Passat....

Vectras are hateful, hateful cars. GM have never made a decent FWD car (including the new Vectra), and they probably never will.

Reply to
Pete M

No a/c according to the ad. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I'd be surprised if a 2000 Ghia X (or even Mondeo in general) doesn't have A/C. It may not be listed because it has climate TBH.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

So would I, but it doesn't say it has climate control either. If it has one or the other, it seems an unfortunate omission. The dealer lists a/c or climate on his other cars. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Not with 90k on the clock for that price - or any price. You want much lower mileage/usage than this, for any vehicle not just the Veccie.

connected?)

Reply to
Richard Murphy

I don't think you can get Ghia X spec without aircon.

Reply to
Chris Street

All Mondeo Ghia X have at least Air Conditioning, and with that being a 2000 model, it will almost certainly have Climate Control.

There is virtually nothing you would want that that car does not have. Of all the things to think about, spec is not one of them. It's loaded :)

Reply to
Michael Rodgers