ABS Suburban 4X4 K2500 2001

I've been experiencing intermittent ABS and brake warning lights which go away when I turn off and restart the vehicle immediately. It usually comes on (20% of the time) after I stop the vehicle for a short time and restart within 5-15 minutes, such as filling-up. ABS system was working when I tested it. (Slammed on brakes and no skidding). I have not experienced any of the typical ABS sounds when a module is bad from what I have read. (No need to pull any fuses, etc.)

Any thoughts? From what I have found, my model year suburban is notoriously problematic in this area. Bad ABS module. I would assume that if the module was bad, it would not work intermittently.

thanks

Dr. R in AZ

Reply to
Dr. R. in AZ

Get it scanned and see what code is in history. That gives everyone a place to start, other then that it's all just educated guesses.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Had it scanned. The guy said that you would not find any codes for the ABS system unless a check engine light was on. Nothing found during the test, nothing stored in memory. He suggested a wheel sensor issue/loose wire.

Dr. R in AZ

Reply to
Dr. R. in AZ

He's wrong. The only other possibility is that you might have some software issues that are addressed with updated software. There were some issues with transfer case software that caused the 4x4 light to come on without any codes, but I haven't run across any issues like this for ABS. Maybe you have some electrical issues in the dash unit itself.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai