Silverado Engine Oil Monitor

On a 2000 Silverado, how do you reset the engine oil change monitor. According to the manual you're supposed to press to gas pedal 3 times in 5 seconds with the switch on, to reset it. The indicator light is supposed to starting flashing indicating that it has been reset, but it does nothing. I always cheange oil at 3000 miles anyway, but just wondered what could be wrong with it.. Anyone had this problem? JAG

Reply to
JAG

Yea, thats what your supposed to do, make sure the key is turned forward with the engine off, hit the gas however many times it says, but really quick. The light should start to flash. make sure you press it all the way to the floor.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

I have the exact same problem on my 2000. What I do is turn the key on and fully mash the pedal, fully release and repeat until the indicator light starts flashing. Usually takes me about 5-14 presses before the light comes on.

HTH

Derek

Reply to
derek

In my '99 Silverado all i do is turn the key forward and press the pedal 4 times and turn the key off.. no flahing light or anything and the light doesn't come back on for 3k miles

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

and hold it to floor on last press down, until light flashes, or at least on my 2000 z71 thats how i do it

Reply to
Charles H.