2000 venture Change Oil rest ?

I've got a 2000 Venture and can not seem to reset the Change Oil light. I believe it should be; turn key on, press gas pedal 3 times quick in 5 seconds, turn off key then start engine.

No luck - after 30 times. Any suggestions, work arounds or ???????

THANKS!

-scott

Reply to
scott

If its like a montana press the odometer reset button until you see the percentage left for the oil life monitor, then old the button for about 5 sec or until the system reset to 100 %

Reply to
rick

"scott" wrote

You need to wait for the change oil light to blink (usually 5 times) after you have pressed the gas pedal 3 times. Don't just immediately turn the key off. Key on...go full throttle 3 times within 5 secs.....wait until the change oil light starts to blink and then stops blinking....cycle the key and start the vehicle. That should reset it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

I always used this procedure: Key on, Down, up, down, up, down, up, hold down 10 sec, key off.

Reply to
hyundaitech

It's like fishn, depends on the phase of the moon.......

Dale

Reply to
Dale Peterson