Someone stole my antenna. What will a new one cost?

Some jack-ass stole my antenna or broke it off for fun. This reason I say broke off is ,because the stud that the antenna screws onto is broke off. He could have at least unscrewed the thing. I don't know if the stud is removeable or if I have to buy another base. Looks like I have to remove the cowl also, since the base is in a hole in the cowl. I own a 2001 Z71.

Reply to
2 Wheels

idk go to a store and see yourself

Reply to
Adis14

Id say get one from a junk yard, but if you are gonna get one from a dealer, I couldn't imagine it being more than like 5-10 max.

I think you'll have to buy the entire base that plugs into a plugin underneath the engine compartment.

Reply to
twins0203

It looks like you'll most likely be removing the fender too:

The antenna base goes into a hole in the back of the fender, that is obscured by the cowl side.

You might be able to fish it through, but I doubt it. Because the cowl side is tight against the fender.

I hope this helps?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Remove my fender? You got to be kidding me. The coax-cable should have some slack?

Reply to
2 Wheels

How are you going to slide the base:

Out between the fender and the cowl?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

The stud that the antenna screws onto is not replaceable. The stud is made into the base and cable. $17.41 at our local dealer not including the antenna itself. I would just go to a junk yard to get the antenna proalby would cost you a dollar or two. Good luck in putting it on, you will have to route though the fender and interior to get to the back of the radio.

Reply to
Brian

Does the wire from the base not plug into another wire that runs into the cab like on a S10?

Reply to
twins0203

Yes, your right twins0203. Sorry about that knobbyusa. Should make the job much easier.

Reply to
Brian

There's a plug under the hood:

For when you service the fender.