Switching Seats

I just purchased a used '99 Tacoma and the drivers seat is significantly more worn than the passenger. I'd like to switch the two seats before the drivers seat wears through and I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do this before?

Can the seats be disassembled? Is it possible to just unbolt the seat bottom from the frames and switch the two? I guess the work case for me would be to remove the seat fabric from the foam and frame and try to install it on the other seat.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Paul. Phoenix, AZ

Reply to
Paul.

Yeah, Ive done it but you end up with all the controls on the wrong side of the seat. Your best off getting some decent seat covers.

Reply to
Scotty

Reply to
donnoble

Why do all that work. I bought an almost new set of seats for my 99 Taco on Ebay for less than $200. Easy to c hange out.

Reply to
Joseph Myers