ticking noise while driving

While driving my 85 chevy S10 Blazer I hear this constant ticking noise........ also at around 50 miles per hour on hard acceleration I get this rumble which sounds like it is in the tranny or something........ but the car is driving fine otherwise with good acceleration..........

Reply to
don

Shep

Per don:

If it's unrelated to the rumble, might be the speedo. I had something like that a couple times and it was something about how I reset the trip speedo - some little gear didn't engage/disengage fully. Pushing in the trip knob and giving it a twist made it go away.

Reply to
(Pete Cresswell)

Thanks - but I"m pretty sure it is more serious...... the rumble sounds mighty loud under heavy acceleration....

Reply to
don