Tow Capacity for 89 3/4 ton chevy

I have an 89 chevy 350 with a 5 speed. what would you say its tow capacity is. i think its got the tow package, not sure.

Reply to
mat
2- F150's
Reply to
alasatian

Hi Mat ,I notice that you didn't get any serious replies to your tow cap. question.You should find out if you have tow package and also what your diff. ratio is,also wheel base.Then go to one of the travel-rv NGs and there you will find more info than you need.I tried this group once with a Q like yours and didn't even get the joke reply.

Reply to
Brian Orion

I've looked and looked for a tow number for my '88 K2500 (7200lbs) and have found nothing. all my owners manual says to do is to look in a

15 year out of date GM publication.

I can tell you that my truck will pull a 5000lbs Bandit 150 chipper with zero problems (other than the lousy surge brake setup on the chipper). my truck is an 88 7200lbs K2500, 3.73 rear, 350 TBI and a

700R4. I will say though if you're towing anything more than 3,000lbs or so, buy a brake controller, you'll need it.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase