Upgrading Stereo In 'Burb?

'98 'Burb.

Either I'm going deaf or this vehicle's sound system is going downhill.

I'll bet on #2 bc at home things still sound pretty good.

My kneejerk is to first replace the speakers - figuring that six years of slamming doors and intermittent salt air have taken their toll.

I'm thinking just call Crutchfield and throw myself on their mercy.

Are there any gotchas that I should know about before proceeding?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Greetings,

Go with your gut instinct. Cheap paper speakers were the norm for factory stereos, and they definitely have a fixed life span (especially in harsh environments). The only thing I can suggest is not to get any speakers that would require a lot of power to drive or you will be disappointed with the sound. Tell Crutchfield that you want want replacements that are rated for the same power but better quality than stock and they should be able to hook you up.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan