Vacuum- 4.3

Anybody know about what a vacuum gauge should read on a 4.3 around 1990 S-10? TIA

--
EW

In park or neutral, at hot idle, between 17-20 in/hg
Doc

approx 17 inches.

Thanks guys that's where it is. Now all I need to do is find the door in the heater system that's not working. EW

1990
the
In the 90's , did the use cable for the heater/ ac mode dooe(temp door)?

Nope. His is likely vacuum, might be electrical.
Doc

My 94 had a cable, almost like a brake cable from a bike, but it wasn't braided it was a solid wire.

around
in
door)?
I stand corrected! Thanks Mike. Coulda swore they were vacuum actuated.
Doc

Well, we may be talking about 2 different things. The hot/cold blend was a cable, the floor/dash/defrost was vacuum.

door
This is how my 91 S10 works

door
That's the problem " " " is " . Does anybody know why very heat comes out no matter where it's pointed. The cable on the heat door seems to work.TIA EWJ