What Do I Need to Remove to Get the Oil Pan Out of a 93 Suburban K1500 4x4?

The oil pan in my '93 Suburban K1500 4x4 is rusty and leaking. My repair manual says that I need to disconnect the exhaust from the manifolds and pull out the front axle. I thought I'd have at it without doing this, and sure enough the pan is blocked pretty good by the front axle. Is there a trick to this, or do I have to swallow hard and pull the front axle out?

--Rob Siegel

Reply to
Rob Siegel

you know, there's a reason that the repair manual says 'pull front axle'

care to take a shot at what that reason is ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Reply to
reitze

Reply to
reitze

wrote

Are you talking about the truck described in the subject line? In that case, yes.....you can pull the oil pan without lifting the engine by pulling the front diff out. On these trucks, you can have the front diff out or lowered in about 10-15 minutes. Not really a big deal.

Two wheel drive trucks are easier, the pan will just slide right out on a small block.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai