Fitting winch to Disco Bumper

If I fabricated a mount to fit a winch onto a standard front bumper what would be the outcome?

would it rip the bumper off ?

if so what makes a winch bumper stronger ?

Cheers.

PS if it's dry I'll have a go at the bust Aerial and leak tomorrow - many thanks for the pointers.

Steve

Reply to
StaffBull

The Discovery's standard bumper isn't made of strong enough steel to survive a strong pull with a winch. Most likely you'll bend the bumper and may, given the right circumstances, even break it. A pucka winch bumper is (generally) just made from thicker/stonger steel.

If you have air bags then you need a winch bumper that has fittings that won't result in the crush cans being distorted when winching

HTH

Steve G

Reply to
SteveG