Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98 Suburban Starting Problem Returns
Our 98 Suburban K1500 has had a starting problem only twice so far. The first time it happened was about a year ago and then again this past weekend. What happens is when you go to start the truck it...
4
4

FS 454 BB with 400 turbo trans, Engine not only runs well, Its will continue to run well
located near San Bernardino Ca. $1200.00 engine has not been pulled form 1979 C/30 scotsdale, with commercial bed. truck runs but cannot be driven, 454 rebuilt in 2000, maybe 15000 miles, engine has...
2
2

2000 Tracker AC
Where can I check the AC on a 2000 tracker. It is only blowing warm air. Chris
1
1

98 Blazer Rear Hatch replacment, shock recomendations
Is there a good parts locator service? I am looking for a used rear hatch for my 98 Chevy blazer. My wife backed it in to a tree with the hatch open and now it has a good 2 inch crush right long the...
1
1

1991 GMC S-15 Jimmy 4.3 [lack of power/horrendous gas mileage] (long)
Hi all, I've tried to find answers on many forums but so far I'm still in the dark. Details: 1991 GMC S-15 Jimmy, 4x4 4.3l TBI "Z" engine, 150 000+ miles Was stopped for a year before purchase 1 month...
3
3

Re: '89 GMC Jimmy/Blazer/Astrovan rims
Hi Don, I have 1989 Blazer with allow rims and uniroyal tires. Car has a lot of new parts. It's just not good on gas and I can't afford it anymore. If you want you can come and see and make me an...

A/C repair, DIY?
The A/C in my truck has never worked since the day I bought it, over two and a half years ago. Presumably the system is empty (R-12 printed on the compressor). Is there a way I can tell if the...
5
5

Re: water in tailpipe
after this I'd be interested to know if it was still there after 50 miles? Have you had it since it was new? Would too cool of thermostat not let the engine/exhaust get hot enough to burn off the...
3
3

Finally, some success!
I cut out all butt connectors on my O2 sensors wires, and TPS and soldered them all. After several hours of laying on my belly on top of that motor, cussing, sweating into my glasses, talking outloud...
2
2

shallow or deep transmission pans
I have a 98 chevy k1500 with the 4L60 transmission. I'm going to replace the transmission filter. Now I like to order my parts and have them on hand before I start tearing apart my truck. The...

Is this common for Chevs?
With my ignition turned on, even with the engine is running, I can reach over and pull my keys from the ignition without moving to the off/lock position. If the engine is off but the ignition is not...
17
17

Wiper delay ciruit board location?
OK, I puchased the part, now I can't find the location of the board! 1990 Chevy Suburban 2500, 454. I looked around the area where the wiper motor is and couldn't find it. Does anyone know its...
1
1

Re: Fuel prices aren't dropping
--- Re: Fuel prices aren't dropping On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:01:31 +0200, "Marc" wrote: Dropping? Your fuelprices are heaven compared to ours. We pay about ?1.15 a liter, so that's about 4.35 a gallon....
14
14

Four wheel drive engaged light??
I just bought a 94 sierra. When I engage 4 wheel drive the indicator (the one that lights up the picture of the front wheels on the floor board console) doesn't light. The light for rear wheel drive...
10
10

Mobil 1
I've read various posts from time to time recommending this oil here. Can it be run in any engine, even if that engine has been running regular oil for a 100,000 miles or more? If so, is there a...
13
13