air filtration system

Last time I took my car in for an oil change the mechanic mentioned checking the filter for the climate system. At a cost of $70+ I said I'll check it on my own and was told it is behind the glove box. I have no idea how/where to find it.

Any help along with thoughts/suggestions is appreciated.

Eddie G

Reply to
Eddie G

Eddie G wrote in news:a5cd71c7-9a49-4151-a262- snipped-for-privacy@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Giving your make, model, year, engine and trim level would be a start.

Many models do in fact require removal of the glove box to get at the cabin filter. This takes some time to do, and is fiddly, hence the $70 charge.

See this FAQ page:

Tegger

Sorry...I have an 04 TL.

Reply to
Eddie G

Eddie G wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

See page 33 of the PDF I referenced on the Bosch site. You car takes Bosch part number P3875.

It's very odd that your Owner's Manual does not mention cabin filter installation at all...

Reply to
Tegger