new tries for an '05 TL

I need new tires for my '05 TL, and was wondering what brands people have had sucess with. The dealer is also wanting to perform a "dynamic ride" service. Is that necessary, or is a Costco install ok?

Reply to
RW

I have no idea what a "dynamic ride" service is. Never heard of that one in my 30+ years of being a car nut.

Our local Costco did a very careful job of installing a set of tires when I went there. They use a nitrogen fill and include a full hazard warranty and rotations with the tires. Many of the tires sold at Costco are models not generally available through other channels, so comparison shopping can be tricky.

No need to go to a dealer for tires. A big question is how you like the ride, handling and noise characteristics of the tires your car came with. New different tires will almost certainly change those characteristics, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. For example, the Yokohama H4S tires we used to replace the original Michelin tires on our Accord seem to have much better grip and steering response, but also higher road noise levels.

is a great resource. Put in you make, year and model and they will give you a list of tires that fit along with links to user reviews, in house tests, etc.

John

Reply to
John Horner

FYI, Costco is offering a $60 rebate on a set of 4 Michelins thru May 20.

Reply to
Sandy

Perhaps they were referring to dynamic force balancing -- believe Hunter makes the machine. Puts force on the tire while spinning to simulate road conditions. Most decent tire stores offer this service.

Reply to
tww1491

GoodYear TripleTred are awesome all-season tires.

Reply to
Venture Rider

Here's a helpful link.

I love the Michelin all season tires that came with the car. Pilot HX MXM4

I'm getting new wheels and will put the ContiSport Contact 2 tires on for the summer on the new wheels:

NJ Vike

Ok, so I just had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S installed at Costco. Took 'em for a quick run, and seem to be outstanding

Reply to
RW

Cool. That also means you qualify for the $60 Costco/Michelin rebate (if you got

4) which should make you an even happier camper.

Reply to
Sandy

You bet. I actually did my research online via the Tire Rack and placed my order in Costco's web site. Downer #1, have discoverd that my wife likes to rub the wheels up against curbs...

Reply to
RW

Reply to
Whitey