radaitor repair for 99 acura integra

hi, My car is Acura model Integra and year 1999. I got a leakage in the upper portion of the radiator. commonly the plastic part between the aliminium stuff and cap portion.It is actually a hair pin leak in the joint part of plastic to plastic. I applied a cold weld there but no result. Any suggestions???? if i had to replace the rediator instruct me hoe to do it manually . thanks Manmeet

Reply to
manmeet324

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

You need to replace it. No fix is reliable.

Drain coolant, remove rad, install new, refill. If you need more detail, you shouldn't be doing this yourself.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Reply to
manmeet324

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Mmm... Rad is about $200 or so for aftermarket. Coolant about $15. Labor maybe 2 hours, or about $200. Total is likely around $400-$500. Plus tax, and assuming nothing else needs to be replaced or fixed.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

While you are at it, it's also a good idea to replace the radiator hoses for about $30 plus install a new thermostat. While it isn't necessary to do that, the rubber in the hoses gets weak over time and I know you probably would spend an extra $50 to have these replaced than to be stranded somewhere.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

hi, My car is Acura model Integra and year 1999. I got a leakage in the upper portion of the radiator. commonly the plastic part between the aliminium stuff and cap portion.It is actually a hair pin leak in the joint part of plastic to plastic. I applied a cold weld there but no result. Any suggestions???? if i had to replace the rediator instruct me hoe to do it manually . thanks Manmeet I know! i had a crack on the top tank on my 92 prelude SR radiater unfortanatley the original ones are made of some kind of plastic composet theres no quick fix for repairing it i settled for an aftermarket 4seasons rad $200 cash.

1st. place the front end on 2- 1/2 Ton jack stands next disconect - negative cable have a large container near by. unclamp the bottom rad hose pull it off the radiater splash" out comes the coolant take off the top hose on rad. next take off coollant resevoir clean it out good fill to max put back next disconnect cooling fan wires apart lift up the radiater transfer your cooling fan(s) from

your old rad to your new one slide back down your new one in place. connect your upper and lower rad hoses plug back in your cooling fan wires go over to battery and tighten down the -negative cable slide your heater control to heat start your engine and fill rad with a premixed 50/50 antifreeze mix let idle next open up the bleeder screw and bleed it top off rad and enjoy! ;)

Reply to
johnin