Re: Integra Chuggin? Need Advice Please

Yep, it chugs all the time

Reply to
MavSteele

It might help to know some more details: miles, service work, plugs, wires,...

I had a very badly misfiring spark plug due to the ceramic around the electrode breaking off. As you might imagine it ran badly at that point. The ceramic was pulverized by the piston, but did some damage

before its demise that I saw when I replaced the head gasket. Hard to see straight on but it's at the bottom of the center cylinder near the exhaust valves. (I cleaned things up and smoothed things out with a dremel.) Runs great now. Don't underestimate it's ability to run. The screw that secures the rotor button backed out while I was on the highway so that the button could spin somewhat freely (I don't understand why this coupling is not keyed). This was before I started treating this car nicely so I managed to drive it like this for another 30 miles. The car would die and I'd get down to about 45 mph and then floor it. Then somehow it would "catch" and I would take off until I got to a speed where I'd feel I should let off the gas, and then repeat...

It's sad that I have two personal examples of stupid car problems. Oh there was that time I opened the hood of my 79 Cressida at night and caught a lightning show put on by the bad spark plug wires, but they were ancient.

--Art (91 teg, 186k mi.)

Reply to
Art M