RSX Acura factory foglights vs aftermarket clones-experiences?

I'm looking at installing foglights in my 2005 Acura RSX. Factory can be had for about $280 while the E-bay clones for around $100 uninstalled. Any opinions on the quality difference? Thanks Greyhound in FL

Reply to
Grey-hound

"Grey-hound" wrote in news:Sus3h.2293$Wd5.1319@trnddc05:

Aftermarket will be dismal quality compared to OEM.

Provided the dealer-sold lamps are actually FACTORY and not just some dealer-sold aftermarket puffery, it's worth the extra cost to use OEM.

However, many dealers sell aftermarket accessories. Doesn't make them any better quality. Ask your dealer for the official *Honda* part number of their fog lamps. Report that here.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote in news:Xns9872B75D64182tegger@207.14.116.130:

By the way, genuine Honda OEM part numbers will be in this format: xxxxx-xxx-xxx where the first five positions are numbers, the next three will be two letters and a number (or 3 letters), and the final three are usually three numbers, or one letter and two numbers. Examples:

15400-PLM-A02 22910-SK7-A02 90173-SR3-003
Reply to
TeGGeR®

Now that info is definitely need to know and I have verified the numbers as

08v31-s6m-211 so it checks out from what I see so far. Thanks! Greyhound
Reply to
Grey-hound

I installed a set of factory lights in my '05 RSX and while it took some time, the kit was absolutely complete down to the necessary cable ties. I can't imagine a clone having the wiring harnesses that the Acura kit had. I bought my kit from here:

as you say, around $280. The lights are very nice and can be aimedproperly with an adjustment screw so they act as proper FOG lamps and not lamedriving lights to blind oncoming drivers!-- Russ Panneton snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Nederland, CO "Too bad ignorance isn't painful"

Reply to
Sparky