Which scan tool to get for 98 Chrysler T&C?

Looking to get a scan tool for a 98 Chrysler Town and Country (suspect intermittent bcm but that is another post) but one that you know works for this vehicle. I do not have a laptop so it would have to be the handheld type. Looking at spending $100-130.00. Thanks to all that reply also I know it is pushing it but if it would work in a 2005 Acura RSX or a 86 300zx that would be nice. Greyhound Tampa, FL

Reply to
Grey-hound

I am pretty sure all that you can get that will scan other than the PCM is a DRB3

you won't find one for that price that does anything except read the PCM.

Thanks to all that reply

2 completely different animals! you may not be able to find a scanner for anything pre '96
Reply to
TNKev

Forget it. The scanners in that price range can only read basic OBD-II, they cannot read the manufacturer-specific superset of OBD-II which is what you need to troubleshoot anything other than just emissions.

OTC makes a Genesis scanner that can do this - cost for a refurbished one plus the software modules you need is about $1000.00 You can get these on ebay - check auction 170146925688 for an example.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
philthy

For $130 you don't get a scanner at all. You get a code reader. Big difference.

Reply to
bllsht

Please let me pitch in.

If laptop is available, what are the low cost, good scanner out there for Chrysler (scanner and software module for Chrysler). I often receive AutoTap advertisement (through email). I wonder they're any good, and how good compared to others in term of feature availability, reliability, compatibility and ease of use.

Reply to
vd