Tachometer bounces up before settling down

Hi all,

92 Teg. Recently I've noticed that when I come to a stop, my tachometer would always bounce back up to around 1700 RPM before settling back down to 850 RPM (my IDLE).

Anyone knows what could be causing the tachometer to bounce up before settling down? Could it be a leak in one of the hose?

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Hootie

"Hootie" wrote in news:_aZOf.110330$H%4.98842@pd7tw2no:

Automatic or manual transmission?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Automatic.

After bouncing up to 1700 RPM, it would quickly settle down to about 1000 RPM...then slowly back to 850 RPM.

If I press on the brake, IDL drops slightly but then goes back to 850 RPM (steady).

Reply to
Hello

"Hello" wrote in news:eQ7Pf.114120$B94.60332@pd7tw3no:

Sounds like nothing's wrong to me. It's just the tranny downshifting back into first, which drags the engine speed up a bit.

Did this just start happening?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanx TeGGeR,