2001 A4 Q. 2.8 jolting back and forth and engine light is on.

Hey there, My car while I'm driving will all the sudden start to jolt (kind of the way it does when you just start to learn how to drive a stick) and sometimes the battery light will come on when it does it too and when it does, it's almost like my car shuts down. Also my engine light is on...What is the deal? And if I need one of those code readers, where do I get one? Thanks, greeni69

Reply to
greeni69

Get the ECU codes dumped first. If you're near an AutoZone I believe they'll do it for free, otherwise find a friend with a reader or end up at the dealer.

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Did the engine light come on at the start of this behavior or was it on for while before that? It makes a difference (this jolting could be a second order effect to some other problem)

Reply to
Tony