2001 S4 Bose Speaker Replacement

I have a 2001 S4 with the Bose stereo. The driver side rear speaker rattles a lot, mostly whenever the bass hits. Does this mean it is blown, or could something just be loose? I would like to remove the speaker from the rear deck so that I may examine it.

I tried prying up the grille but I didn't get too far, I didn't want to break anything. I also looked at the speaker from inside the trunk and it looks like the speaker is screwed in from inside the cabin. This leads me to believe that I would have to remove the grille.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the grille?

My next question is: let's say the speaker is blown, where should I buy a replacement? What is the brand/model/model#?

Thanks for all your help.

-Joe

Reply to
josephsamuels

My 2001 S4 also has a blown rear deck speaker on the driver side. Sounds like the best fix is to replace both rear deck speakers and the rear amp. Does anyone have a cheaper fix?

Reply to
joelwestonyaho.3oxjvf