rear speaker replacement

'96 Explorer "Limited" 4-dr. has one speaker in the very back passenger side. Need to replace blown speaker, what is the best way to remove the panel containing the speaker grill without breaking anything?

Reply to
Jon

Go to the Crutchfield site. Find a pair of new speakers for your vehicle. Order them.

The come with complete, easy installation instructions, and any quick-connect wires, etc. that you will need.

It works!

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Are you plugging for Crutchfield? It sounds like a good idea but they don't list the single speaker in the very back passenger side of the vehicle, only front and rear door speakers and besides that they are $149 each.

Reply to
Jon

Reply to
Big Shoe

Sorry about that! I've bought a couple of things from them and they've been a great company -- very helpful!

Did you ask their customer service? They know everything.

Reply to
Alan Moorman

I did. Here is their reply: "In answer to your question on replacing the subwoofer in your 1996 Ford Explorer, we don't have a direct replacement at this time. I'm sorry I don?t have better news for you today. However, we do carry Q-Forms Custom Enclosure and MTX Thunderforms for you vehicle to add some bass to your system."

If I only knew how to remove the panel without breaking it I could easily find an adequate speaker locally.

Reply to
Jon

Reply to
Jimbo6