rear speaker replacement

'96 Explorer "Limited" 4-dr. has one speaker in the very back passenger side. Need to replace blown speaker, what is the best way to remove the
panel containing the speaker grill without breaking anything?

Go to the Crutchfield site. Find a pair of new speakers for your vehicle. Order them.
The come with complete, easy installation instructions, and any quick-connect wires, etc. that you will need.
It works!
Alan wrote:

Are you plugging for Crutchfield? It sounds like a good idea but they don't list the single speaker in the very back passenger side of the vehicle, only front and rear door speakers and besides that they are $149 each.
The single speaker you are talking about is probably the sub-woofer, so the comment about getting a pair of new speakers would not apply here. However, the Crutchfield suggestion is a good one. They have good products made to fit your vehicle and with instructions.

Sorry about that! I've bought a couple of things from them and they've been a great company -- very helpful!
Did you ask their customer service? They know everything.
Alan wrote:

I did. Here is their reply: "In answer to your question on replacing the subwoofer in your 1996 Ford Explorer, we don't have a direct replacement at this time. I'm sorry I dont have better news for you today. However, we do carry Q-Forms Custom Enclosure and MTX Thunderforms for you vehicle to add some bass to your system."
If I only knew how to remove the panel without breaking it I could easily find an adequate speaker locally.
To remove the rear speaker (Subwoofer housing trim pieces), you'll need to remove the round plastic pins or connectors, whatever you might call them, around(below) the rear glass and any other place you might find them. Basically, the trick is to remove the large plastic piece that covers the inside around the rear wheel. Now carefully remove the trim pieces from the trim ring from the inside. You may need some pliers to squeeze the plastic pieces.