2002 A6 Cigarette lighter Fuse blowing

I recently tried to connect a power adapter to the front cegarette lighter of my 2002 A6 and there was nothing... Tried the rear and also nada... Checke dthe fuse blown, when I tried to replace the fuse, it blew it before it even got into the slot.

Anyone had this one before? I figured I would open and pull the "dash" and console pieces out to see if there is anything obviously shorting. ANy other ideas?

TIA!

Reply to
Curman