86 5k turbo oil lines

Shokan sels the coolerr and hoses used as a set for around $200. They tend to break the fittings at the radiator ends so the sell only as a set. Dealer gets almost $200 for just one of the hoses.

or

You can get a line made up custom from your friendly local hydralic supply house.

T> Does anyone on this list have or know where I can get a braided oil line

Reply to
TonyJ

Does anyone on this list have or know where I can get a braided oil line for my 1986 5000 turbo? this runs from he engine to the cooler and back. Any info would be great.

Drew Bodeen

Reply to
armstrong

Drew, Had a local hydraulic hose shop make upo a set for mine for cheap - the fittings at the cooler end broke (of course) so the shop had to braze in a set of universal fittings (still pretty cheap) On the Audifans.com Knowledgebase, there's a procedure for making up an oil cooler from a universal one (not a bad price). The cheapest I can suggest is going to the local wrecking yard and either finding a decent one from a wreck, or check out the old Mercedes wrecks - some of them had oil coolers like the 5k turbos - just slightly longer. I have decent one as a backup that I picked up (including hoses) for about 10 bucks. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - oil cooler in, no leaks 1980 Audi 5k - no oil cooler 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - oil kept cool by mixing with the gas (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears