Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170hps or A4 2.7 TDI V6 180hps ?

Anyone can explain me why it's still worth to buy a 2.7 version with

180hps instead of the new 2.0 engine with 170hps? Do you think the 2.7 will disapear soon from market with the arrival of the 170hps engine? Thanks.
Reply to
LD

"LD" wrote

What about the torque figures for the two engines?

Are the new TDIs as picky about fuel quality as the new gasoline FSI engines? If so, that may be something worth considering, if diesel stations in your country can't always be trusted.

Other than that, go out there and test drive both and see what you like better.

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete

2.7 is a new engine too so I doubt it will disappear. I suppose the main reason they offer the 2.7 is that some people will want a V6 without having to go to a 3.0Q. I've not driven a 2.7 but I can tell you that the 2.0 170 is much rougher than the 140 and it definitely needs Quattro to get the best from it.

I think the 2.7 will be more nose heavy than the 2.0 and would almost certainly benefit from Quattro but I don't think Audi offer a 2.7Q.

To be honest I think the 2.7TDI will sell as well as the 2.4V6 petrol did in the B6. i.e. not well

Reply to
Dave