audi service cost

HI,

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 2000 A6 1.8T , HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR AN

80K SERVICE?

KIND REGARDS

Reply to
Jon

What country are you in? is your caps lock broke>

80k service should be the big one, cam belt etc, so expect to pay £500 - £600 if in the US $1000+

If you had the belts changed at 60k then it should be around £200

Don't forget to get the Water Pump / Serpentine Belt / Thermostat done at the same time, it makes sense as the whole front end comes off to change the Timing belt.

Reply to
Ronny

On a 2000 car I think the cambelt interval is up to over 100K - personally I wouldn't leave it that long without some kind of warranty but it may well be an option.

It'll probably be a bit more than that - its all filters (air, fuel, oil, pollen) and spark plugs. 80K is the kind of mileage where one or other sets of brake pads/disks may need replacing unless they've been done recently. Depending on when the Brake fluid was last changed that may need doing too.

It may well be that the V-Belts need doing anyway at 80K - can't remember. Doing these shouldn't be too bad cost-wise & should be possible without doing the whole front end off job needed to get to the TB.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

tHaNkS FoR tHe InFo GuYs, i MuSt gEt My CaPs lOcKs kEy FiXeD tOO !! Kind Regards Jon (residing in the U.K)

Reply to
Jon