Broken Driver's Side Mirror - 89 Audi 100

Well I finally paid the price for all the freeway construction around here; a wayward orange barrel snapped my LH side mirror back, cracking the glass, and possibly damaging the remote control mechanism. It is a heated mirror, and the glass was left dangling from one wire. I managed to reassemble it, but the glass is so badly cracked it's not useable. And it doesn't adjust properly.

Where can I get a new glass, or possibly a used mirror assembly?

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Stephen, I have visions of that Monty Python skit, where the wayward traffic pylons (with cast members in them) gang up on a defenseless pedestrian..... Try checking at

- many folks there will gladly ship to you.
had some used glass in their clearance section. Now don't be cutting too close to those barrels...I might be working on the other side. ;-) Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ - frequently seen on construction sites 1980 Audi 5k - retired from the construction site visit business 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

Yes, Monty is one of my favorites, too. Curiously, I just Tivo'ed "And Now for Something Completely Different' and I am about to watch it. I don't think it contains the skit your referred to, but I remember it. Hilarious!

And thanks for the car-part link. I found two mirrors in Austin, about 150 miles from here. My son lives there, and I'll send him to check them out, or just go there myself in the schelmobile some weekend! Also found one at

but for a higher price. The Blauparts item is a stick-on replacement that goes over the existing mirror. May not work too well in my case. I'll fiddle with it this weekend and figure out what to do.

Cheers!

stc

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Hey Steve:

I watched "And Now for Something Completely Different" last night, and the sketch you describe is in there, although to be precise it was "a band of vicious Keep Left signs!"

Of course, the classics are represented, too, like "Hell's Grannies", "Is Your Wife a Go'er?", "How To Defend Yourself Against Someone With a Piece of Fruit", "The World's Funniest Joke", "Hungarian at the Tobacconist", "Dead Parrot Sketch", and "The Lumberjack Song"!

stc

Reply to
Stephen Clark