01 Jetta Broken Side Mirror DIY?

The other morning I snapped the passenger side mirror off of my 01 Jetta Wolfsburg after hitting my own trashcan that was sitting at the end of my driveway (DOH!).

Upon further inspection, there was no exterior damage to the mirror, however the metal hinge that sits in the housing sheared off (the mirror continued to be attached via the electrical cable, however).

The metal hinge is the piece that allows the mirror to pivot up so the mirror can be folded in, and then out again.

Anyone with experience in this realm? Is this a DIY job? I haven't gone to the deal yet to price the part -- I'm hoping I can replace just the hinge and that they have not modularized the whole side mirror assembly.

Thanks.

Mike Seattle

Reply to
Mike Brophy

It's a easy repair for the DIYer. Just remove the inside door trim panel and the mirror is attached via a few Torx screws.

Reply to
Woodchuck