Car starts only when I crank with throttle pedal pressed

I have a 2002 Audia6, It has recently showed this problem. When I crank it, it doesn't start but starter makes that sound which tells me its not getting enough juice or something. but when I press the Accelerator pedal and then Crank it, it will start and run perfectly fine for hours.

i know this is not a Cold start problem, as this happens everytime i plan to start the car, even after it has run for an hour or more.

Can somebody sugest some tips which would tell me whats wrong. Thanks.

Reply to
gmali001

Original battery?

Reply to
daytripper

Check for leaking injectors causing flooding. Partial throttle clears the flooding. You also might want to check for residual fuel pressure or a bad check valve in the fuel line / tank (probably with the fuel pump. Another thing to check is the engine temperature sensor. It might be telling the ECU that the engine is already warm so it doesn't provide enough fuel to start without throttle application.

Check engine codes for any help before throwing parts at the problem.

Reply to
Tony