Clicking noise from under driver's seat

Hi all, I just noticed a clicking (sort of sounds like a repetitive gas burst or ticking) noise from the right underside of the car, I can't hear it when standing on the left hand side of the car but it's very noticeable when just standing by the driver's door when the car is idle. If I rev the engine a bit it would go away for a few seconds then come back again. I've not driven the car for 2 months, it's been in a garage for the period, the battery was flat I had to jump start it tonite, then after a bit of a recharge drive around I noticed this noise when got home. Any ideas? Does it sound like something that would go away after driving the car a bit more constantly from now or is there something wrong? Gas leak? Also the brake warning light (triangle and a bang) signal on the dash board comes on sometimes with a few long beeps when starting the car, is that related to the clicking?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers, Jules

Reply to
Dr Joolz

Not sure but I think that you have a type 44 5 cyl.

Ticking engine sounds are usually one of two things.

- Lifters getting a bit worn and when engine speed increases they seem to quite down. Try oil change and a Mahle filter from audi.

- Broken exhaust manifold studs. The exhaust makes a clicking sound very much like lifters until the engine warms and then the sound goes away due to heat expansion of the manifold. Bit messy, need to replace the studs and is best to do by removing the head. Best solution is to just ignore it.

The error code on start-up sounds like the 'bomb' is bad. Hydraulic pressure accumulator to supply reserve pressure to power brakes in case engine stops and you are still moving. first check that the hydraulic fluid is full to the top line in the reservoir. The error is probably being triggered by the pressure sensor just in back of the brake master cylinder. If it persists, find the problem and correct or unplug the sensor.

T> Hi all, I just noticed a clicking (sort of sounds like a repetitive gas

Reply to
TonyJ