clicking noise from under the hood!

Hi,

I picked up a new c70 about a month ago, after driving it for 5 days an

18-year-old kid ran into it. Over $5k later and a month of waiting I picked up the car a few days ago. I have less than 300 miles on the car!!!

I am now hearing a click once every second or so coming from the front of the car from under the hood. I can hear it when I turn off the engine, park the car and attempt to walk away. The clicking sound is rather loud and is concerning me. I will show it to the dealer some time after the New Year but wanted to know if this noise is the result of cold weather (50 degree temperature) or the result of the accident? Should I be concerned about it?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
TallGuyCA

It is probably just the sounds made when metals expand on heating or contract on cooling. You don't notice them when the engine is warming up, because of the normal noises of a running car.

Reply to
Marvin Margoshes

If you put your head under the hood after you park the car you should be able to hear where the clicking is coming from. You have to establish what the clicking is to be able to repair. If the clicking is there with the engine off then you don't have much of a problem, its clicking and such with the engine running you have to worry about.

Reply to
no