cross reference parts

Oxygen sensor for a Chevy = $20 Oxygen sensor for an Audi = $150 !!!!! They look the same. Most sensors have a Zirconia element and operate between 0 and 1 volt. Does anyone know of a cross-reference between Audi parts and the more reasonable priced parts available at the local auto parts store?

Reply to
Frank

Tony

"Q. Except for the connector assembly, aren't all oxygen sensors basically the same?

A. NO. There are five fundamentally different types of oxygen sensors: unheated thimble, heated thimble, planar, wide-band and titania. Within each sensor type, sensors vary in the design of the ceramic element, heater element and protection tube design, all of which affect sensor operation."

I guess I have an Heated Thimble on my 83 Audi 4000S, a Heated Thimble on my

91 Passat, and a Titania on my 88 Cherokee engine. Now I only need two more to complete my 5! lol

BTW the website above has a link for instructions on how to install a universal 02 sensor and also a Vehicle Part Finder link to find the univeral

02 sensor

later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I just recently replaced my O2 sensor. 96 S6 sensor $150 canadian. O2 sensor from 86 Mustang $45 canadian. Just had to snip off connector and splice wires.

Tony

96 S6
Reply to
Tony

Try to find an equivalent VW part. For an A4, go to a VW dealer and buy part number 06A 906 262 Q, it's about $25 and plugs right in.

Reply to
Mark1.8T